Ceramic and Porcelain tile are the most abused and overlooked floor and wall surfaces in the home, simply because of the care involved in cleaning them. No one is anxious to re-live the terrible memories of scrubbing each tile and grout line for hours with a small brush, using those irritating, harsh, and unsafe chemicals. Most of us would rather rearrange our sock drawer.
So we wait and wait…
The good news is Advantage Steam can make short work of this task, using only earth-safe products that won’t harm your family, your pets, or this world we share.
Advantage Steam skillfully accomplishes the proper cleaning of all tile floors, including natural stone. Heating purified water to over 275+ degrees, we then pressure wash your tile at 1000+ lbs of pressure utilizing very specific tools and attachments, without causing any damage. The cleaning results speak for themselves. Whether your tile is in your kitchen, bathroom, or some other area of your home, those stubborn stains, embedded bacteria, and germs don’t stand a chance. Your tile and grout will look very much as it did the day it was installed.
At Advantage Steam we are dedicated to helping you keep your home healthy, clean, and always looking its best. The solution to difficult ceramic tile and grout cleaning is just a phone call away.
Trust Advantage Steam for all those difficult and unpopular projects. You really will be glad you did.
- Pre-inspection: We will evaluate the condition of your floor and point out any damaged or broken areas. Then give you an idea of expected results.
- Dry Soil Removal: Next we will thoroughly sweep or vacuum your entire floor that we are to clean.
- Protect Any Delicate Furnishings: We will tape and or tarp off any delicate furnishings for protection.
- Pre-Spray: Next we apply a specially designed tile & grout cleaning agent to help loosen the embedded soil.
- Hand Scrub Grout Joints: Now we will use a grout brush to scrub all grout joints to further loosen the soil.
- Pressure Wash and Extract: Using our specially designed hard surface tools we will pressure wash your floor at 1000 psi @ 275+ degrees. No worries the pressured water is self contained and will stay on your floor only.
- Dry: The floor is then dried using turbo dryers.
- Post Inspection: We now will inspect floor results.
- Seal (optional): Last we will seal your grout using high quality grout sealers. If you have a natural stone we will now seal that as well.
General cleaners not specifically formulated for natural stone or tiles are never recommended. These can breakdown the sealer, thereby removing its protective properties, thus making the stone and tile grout susceptible to stains. Worse yet, many cleaning products, including those that contain lemon, vinegar, bleach or ammonia can etch away the polish, discolor the surface, or even scratch your stone. Many cleaners have what is called a chelating agent in them. This agent breaks down and dissolves minerals in hard water. Since all stone is made up of minerals, these types of cleaners will dissolve and cause streaks over prolonged use. Advantage Steam recommends use of a neutral floor cleaner such as StoneTech Stone Cleaner.
Ceramic Tile & Grout
Ceramic tile and grout is man-made clay fired material. Glazed ceramic tile does not normally require any protective treatment. It is the glaze itself that gives the tile its excellent protection and resistance to the absorption of dirt. Many of the new ceramic tiles in today's market are manufactured to look like real stone. For best results, have your ceramic tile and grout sealed and use a neutral stone cleaner such as StoneTech Stone and Tile Cleaner.
Terracotta Tile or Saltillo Tile
Terracotta tile or Saltillo tile is one of the oldest ceramic materials made by man. This type of tile is created by mixing clay and water, leaving it to dry naturally and then baking it in a kiln. Saltillo tile has particular characteristics that demand special treatment. For best results, have your terracotta tile or saltillo sealed and use a neutral stone cleaner such as StoneTech Stone and Tile Cleaner.