Advantage Steam has over 20 years of experience in upholstery cleaning. Upon a thorough inspection, our certified technicians will determine the proper cleaning procedure for your specific needs. We can also apply Fine Fabric Protector to ensure your fine fabrics continue to have lasting beauty between cleanings.
From heavily soiled to light cleaning, our 11-Step cleaning process is designed to restore your furniture as close to its original condition as possible. We can clean most types of upholstery.
Our 11-Step Process
- Pre-Inspection: Our technician will perform special tests to determine the fiber content of your fabric. The content will determine what type of cleaning solutions and techniques will be used. We will also point out any potential permanent stains or areas of concern.
- Area Preparation: We will prepare the area where the upholstery will be cleaned to protect your surrounding furnishings.
- Pre-Treat: Depending on your fabric, a special solution designed for your fabric type and the soiling condition will be applied to "emulsify" the soil.
- Pre-Spot: Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase the success of stain removal.
- Pre-Groom: The fabric will then be gently groomed using soft upholstery brushes to further loosen the soil.
- Soil-Extraction and Rinse: The soil is then extracted from the fabric with a gentle, controlled rinse.
- Neutralize: The fabric is then pH balanced to maintain its soft, fresh feel.
- Post Spot: Any remaining spots will be treated with special stain removal products. (For longer fabric life and fewer permanent stains, ask about having Fabric Protector applied.)
- Post Groom: The upholstery will then be prepared for drying with a gentle combing of the fabric.
- Speed Dry: High velocity air movers will be placed on the upholstery to speed dry the fabric.
- Post Cleaning Inspection: Our technician will review the cleaning results with you to ensure that your expectations have been met or exceeded